Who We Are
Locals Online is owned and operated by Cape Concierge cc, a company registered in South Africa with the registration number 2004 / 108449 / 23.
We can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Do
Locals Online is a social network that provides a platform to South African talent and actively engages audience response. It is also an online store for the merchandise and services of its Members, as well as a community hub in which Members can extend and strengthen their network.
Limits of Responsibility
While we set guidelines and offer support to our curators and our members, we are not responsible:
- For the content posted
- For the merchandise and services sold
- For the reviews and comments posted
All content is the responsibility of the Curator of each Channel. We do not condone any views expressed, nor can we guarantee the accuracy of information supplied. If you see any content which you believe contravenes the law, you can report it to us.
You agree that by clicking “Join Now”, “Sign Up” or similar, registering, accessing or using our Services, you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with Locals Online (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company). If you wish to terminate this contract, you can do so any time by closing your account.
This Contract applies to the Locals Online website and associated services. Registered users of our Services are “Members” and unregistered users are “Visitors”.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We agree that changes cannot be retroactive. If you object to any changes, you may close your account. Your continued use of our Services after we publish our changes to these terms means that you are consenting to the updated terms as of their effective date.
2.1 Your Account
Members are account holders. As a Member, you are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
Payment obligations must be honoured, and failure to pay will result in the termination of your paid Services. Refunds are subject to our policy.
If you purchase a subscription, your payment method automatically will be charged at the start of each subscription period.
2.3 Buying Merchandise or Services
Our permitted payment methods are set out during the purchase process.
When you buy any product from our store, you authorise us to debit the purchase price from the specified account and you authorise us to pay any refunds into the same account. You warrant that you are duly authorised to give us this authority.
Your purchase is not confirmed until we receive payment in full. If we do not receive payment in full, any “confirmed” purchase may be cancelled.
If payment is made via electronic funds, or bank transfer, we cannot issue the goods to you until proof of payment is received.
Tickets and merchandise are not the responsibility of Locals Online, and any cancellations or refunds must be taken up with the vendor in question.
2.4 Notices and Messages
We may send notices and messages to you through the website or via the contact information you have provided. If your contact information is out of date, you may miss out on important notices.
2.5 Curator Obligations and Acknowledgements
If you are a Curator, you warrant that you are duly authorized to post the content and information relevant to your Channel. You warrant that you are not infringing any intellectual property, or other rights, and you indemnify Locals Online fully for any loss we incur as a result of any of these acknowledgements being incorrect.
You acknowledge the provisions of all applicable consumer laws. In South Africa, this includes the Consumer Protection Act (“CPA”).
In the event that consumers look to Locals Online to enforce their rights in terms of the CPA, Locals Online will always direct the consumer to deal directly with the Curator. However, if the Curator does not adequately deal with a consumer complaint, and the consumer continues to approach Locals Online for relief, Locals Online will take legal advice, and take such action as it deems reasonable, and legally required, in order to resolve a consumer complaint. Organisers indemnify Locals Online fully for any loss we incur as a result. We take consumer protection very seriously, and our curators must respect this.
When you share information on our site, others can see, copy and use that information.
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, articles, group posts, links to news articles, job postings, and messages. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members and Visitors. Where we have made settings available, we will honor the choices you make about who can see content or information.
3. Rights and Limits
3.1. Your Licence
You own all of the content, feedback and personal information you provide to us, but you also grant us a non-exclusive license to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish and process information and content that you provide through our Services and the services of others, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied, re-shared it or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- We will not include your content in advertisements for the products and services of third parties to others without your separate consent (including sponsored content). However, we have the right, without payment to you or others, to serve ads near your content and information, and your comments may be visible and included with ads.
- While we may edit and make format changes to your content (such as translating or transcribing it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to LinkedIn, you agree that LinkedIn can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You promise to only provide information and content that you have the right to share, and that your Locals Online profile will be truthful.
You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights).
3.2 Service Availability
We may change or end any Service or modify our prices prospectively.
We may change, suspend or discontinue any of our Services. We may also modify our prices effective prospectively upon reasonable notice to the extent allowed under the law.
3.3 Other Content, Sites and Apps
Your use of others’ content and information posted on our Services, is at your own risk.
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Locals Online generally does not review content provided by our Members or others. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other Members’) content or information. We cannot always prevent misuse of our Services, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse.
Locals Online may help connect Members offering their services with Members seeking services. Locals Online does not perform nor employs individuals to perform these services. You must be at least 18 years of age to offer, perform or procure these services. You acknowledge that Locals Online does not supervise, direct, control or monitor Members in the performance of these services and agree that (1) Locals Online is not responsible for the offering, performance or procurement of these services, (2) Locals Online does not endorse any particular Member’s offered services, and (3) if you are a Member offering services, you represent and warrant that you have all the required licenses.
Similarly, Locals Online may promote events organised by Members, particularly those designed to benefit other Members. You agree that (1) Locals Online is not responsible for the conduct of any of the Members or other attendees at such events, (2) Locals Online does not endorse any particular event listed on our Services, (3) Locals Online does not review and/or vet any of these events, and (4) that you will adhere to these terms and conditions that apply to such events.
We have the right to limit how you connect and interact on our Services.
Locals Online reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, including the number of your connections and your ability to contact other Members. LinkedIn reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if you breach this Contract or the law or are misusing the Services.
3.5 Intellectual Property Rights
Locals Online reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
3.6 Connecting you to others
Locals Online may use the information and data that you provide to make recommendations for connections, content and features that may be useful to you. For example, we use data and information about you to recommend potential collaborations that we feel would benefit both parties. Keeping your profile accurate and up to date helps us to make these recommendations more accurate and relevant.
4. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
4.1 No Warranty
Locals Online makes no representation or warranty about the Services, including and representation that the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free, and provides the Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, Locals Online and its affiliates disclaim any implied or statutory warranty, including any implied warranty of title, accuracy of data, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
4.2 Exclusion of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law (and unless Locals Online has entered into a separate written agreement that overrides this contract), Locals Online, including its affiliates, will not be liable in connection with this contract for lost profits or lost business opportunities, reputation, loss of data or any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages.
Both you and Locals Online may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- Members and/or Visitors’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Services;
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
6. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, you and Locals Online agree to resolve it in South African courts.
7. Dos and Don’ts
You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name (or business name) on your profile; and
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
You agree that you will not:
- Create a false identity on Locals Online, misrepresent your identity, create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another’s account;
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons or any other technology) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services;
- Override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Service;
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights.
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code.
8. Reviews & Comments
Locals Online encourages its Influencer Members to review and comment on posts.
Reviews and comments may be used by the Curator and/or Contributor in their own media or promotions.
Locals Online reserves the right to remove reviews and comments for any reason whatsoever, in our discretion, including but not limited to:
- Spam or fake content. Reviews and comments should reflect a genuine response to the post and should not be posted just to manipulate ratings. Don’t post fake content, don’t post the same content multiple times, and don’t post content for the same post from multiple accounts.
- Off-topic. Content that is not relevant will be removed at the editor’s discretion.
- Restricted content. Reviews and comments display hyperlinks, email addresses and/or phone numbers.
- Illegal content.
- Terrorist content. We strictly prohibit content related to terrorism, such as content that promotes terrorist acts, incites violence, or celebrates terrorist attacks.
- Sexually explicit content.
- Offensive content.
- Dangerous or derogatory content. We don’t permit reviews or comments to contain content that threatens or advocates for harm on oneself or others, harasses, intimidates or bullies an individual or group of individuals, incites hatred against, promotes discrimination of, or disparages an individual or group on the basis of their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization.
- Impersonation. We will remove reviews that are falsely represented to another individual, company or organization if the reviewer is not authorized to represent them.
- Conflict of interest. We don’t allow users to review their own event, or events of current or former employers, or competitor events.
9. Complaints Regarding Content
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
If you have any reason to complain about content, please contact us on email@example.com.